Public Allies Program Manager (MS)
The Foundation for the Mid South seeks a Public Allies Program Manager. The position is based in Mississippi.
About the Foundation:
Founded in 1990, the Foundation for the Mid South is a regional foundation that brings people together, strengthens communities, and multiplies resources. By working with a wide range of resources, skills, and talents, the Foundation strives to nurture families and children, improve school, and build economies for all throughout Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. For more information, please visit www.fndmidsouth.org.
The Pubic Allies Program Manager will work closely with the Public Allies Mississippi (PAMS) Site Director. Program manager responsibilities include the daily management and oversite of the program. The successful candidate will work directly with Allies to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Candidate must demonstrate the capacity to work independently and have the ability to balance multiple priorities. Candidate will be responsible for developing plans to improve and expand the program, maintaining official program records, manual and handbook.
- The ideal candidate will achieve operational objective by contributing information and recommendation procedures to effectively implement the program; and develop and submit Grantee Progress Reports to Public Allies National Office (PANO). This includes attending public allies meetings and conference.
- Meets financial objective by developing, forecasting, monitoring program finances and budget.
- Accountable for overseeing member recruitment, selection, placement, and enrollment for remuneration. Additionally, monitor member’s timesheets and ensure all members are enrolled for health insurance or child care coverage during enrollment period as needed.
- Assemble with members on an individual basis to ensure satisfaction with program, track progress toward career and educational goals, and track progress toward meeting service hour requirements.
- Manage and maintain files for all site agreements, and implement new training programs. In addition to, collaborate with potential sites, develop new partnerships and maintain existing relationships and contacts with other service agencies throughout MS.
- Travel to various locations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Management/Business or related concentration or related experience is required. The ideal individual must demonstrate strong managerial abilities, written and verbal communication and the ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to work under pressure, meet cyclical deadlines, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Be able to be clearly and persuasively, in both positive and negative situations, demonstrate group presentations skills and conduct meetings. Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized and adaptable to working with diverse individuals and organizations. Must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and productivity.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proficient working in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, three references, and a writing sample to:
Meshelle Rawls, Human Resources Manager
Foundation for the Mid South
134 East Amite Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2018.